Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Old Bus Depot Markets Take 2


So, on the 11th and 18th of December, I had a stall at the Old Bus Depot Markets. The first one I can safely say was a failure! I sold only two things and didn't even make the stall fee back. Thankfully, Mum had offered to pay for the first one because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to afford it. I left it feeling pretty depressed. I was so close to deciding not to go back the next week. But then I thought what have I got to lose. If I decide not to go ahead, I'll never know what might have happened. So I went, and I am so glad I did!!

I think I was in a better position the next time. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it or whether it was just because it was closer to Christmas, but I sold a heap more and made a lot more than my stall fee. Some people didn't buy but took business cards, so I can only hope that they may eventuate into sales down the track.


These are all photos from the first week as Bethany wanted me to take some photos. And after the first week, I decided it wasn't worthwhile to take photos the next week, so there's none from my better position. Apparently I had to have a photo of me behind the stall, so here it is. :)


As they only hold these markets on Saturday in December, I'll have to wait until next December to try again. If any knows of good markets that are held regularly on a Saturday, I'll be all ears.  That's it from me - my view of the Old Bus Depot Markets.

No comments:

Post a Comment