Friday, January 14, 2011

New Projects!

Don't you just love new projects? I received this quilt pattern for Christmas and can't wait to start it. You will probably not be able to see the true beauty of this quilt in these photos. I've seen it made up and believe me when I say, it is absolutely beautiful!


It is going to be a lot of work as you will see if you look up close. There is a lot of handstitching, embroidery, and applique. I'm looking forward to it though. It's a decent size too - 150cm sqaure.


I hope to start it soon (maybe even tomorrow), and I plan to give regular updates on each square as I progress through. Check out all the beautiful threads I'm using, and there's still a few more that I haven't bought yet.


 If you can see the middle square in the bottom row, it has a picture of a teapot and says "You and me and a cup of tea - perfect" on it. I also have the option of appliquing a coffee plunger and writing "Good friends, good times, good coffee - perfect". That appealed to me - the individuality of it. Now I don't drink either tea or coffee, so I suppose it doesn't really apply to me, but I liked it anyway.

What new projects are inspiring you?


No comments:

Post a Comment