Wednesday, December 22, 2010

100 joys - Part 5 - Sometimes it's hard

Sometimes it's hard to find joy, and this week just seems to be one of those weeks. There's probably a milllion reasons like I've been sick with the flu, I'm just plain sinful, and the list goes on. So I decided to do my part 5 of 100 joys and really think hard and find all the things I can be joyful for. So here goes....

26 - Reading "A Christmas Carol" as a family

27 - Decorations that proclaim joy!

28 - Successful markets stall second time around (another post to come)

29 - A little brother holding his arms out to be picked up (which he doesn't do normally)

30 - Advent Candles - especially the first purple one that reminds us of the hope we have in Jesus coming again.

31 - Our Jesse Tree as we slowly make our way to the culmination.

32 - My knitting - knitting is so relaxing!

33 - Christmas cards and letters in the mail

34 - New wool


35 - A bunch of lilies to brighten the house

4 comments:

  1. a lovely list, Caitlin, and I would love to hear more about your Jesse tree?

    Great to hear the markets went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love new wool too...and it looks like Bendigo Wool! Even better! I've used that colour before :)
    I hope you get over the flu quickly. God bless!
    Love Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs Caitlin. I know that in this life time it isn't easy to be thankful all the time and we certainly don't always feel happy, but we have to keep focussing on our joy through Christ and the life to come. :)
    By the way, I was really pleased to hear that you have been doing nicely at the markets you've attended.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, Caitlin. Your knitting inspired me to want to start again sometime - it is very relaxing.
    I am so pleased to hear you went well at the markets. Looking forward to reading about it.
    Love,
    Amanda
    xxx

    ReplyDelete