Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I've Broken The Sewing Drought

Yes, I've been unable to bring myself to sew for a while - I think it's because I did so much sewing in December I just needed some time off , and the time off became longer and longer. But the other day I did it - I broke the sewing drought and pulled out my sewing machine. First I did the pile of mending that had been growing and growing. Then I felt like I could start afresh.


So I started sewing an advent calendar for a friend who has requested one.  It doesn't look like this yet - far from it actually, but it shouldn't take me too long to finish. I have until December, I suppose. If anyone else out there is keen to have one of these adorning their house, just leave a comment or send me an email, and I'll be happy to oblige. I'll need to know sooner rather than later though.


I have so many new projects I'm keen to start as well, so I'll be back soon with those. Soft toys, the quilt I did a post about a couple of weeks back, and lots more. A break is definitely a good thing - I feel totally rejuvenated.  

1 comment:

  1. That is lovely, Caitlin. It does look like a lot of work though. I'd need about 20 years of advanced warning. That's why you are a sew-er (one can't write sewer, can one?) and I am not.

    ReplyDelete