Saturday, July 28, 2012

Recent And Not So Recent Projects

I've been thinking about including appliqued Bonds growsuits/wondersuits in my etsy/madeit stores for a while. This week I bit the bullet and bought some. Yesterday I appliqued them and put them in my madeit store. The only thing I am unsure about is whether people would pay more for a Bonds growsuit just because it had applique on it. What do you think? Would you not bother? Or do you think it is a cool idea and likely to sell? You can generally buy a Bonds growsuit for $11 and I've priced mine at $18. Thoughts anyone???





A couple of months back I appliqued this shirt as a 1st birthday present for a friend's little boy. Apparently he loves Giggle and Hoot, so I made a Hoot shirt. Tegan helped me design the Hoot. Then I cut him out and sewed him on.



A couple of days ago I bought this pattern by Make It Perfect to make this really cute little girl's coat.  I would probably use different colours, but I'm looking forward to giving it a go and make some coats for little girls I know. I can't wait for the pattern to arrive in the mail.


I have lots of flower photos to show you too, so after a couple of months silence, I'll be back with lots to show for it! :)

2 comments:

  1. If you truly want feedback, I'll give it... I probably wouldn't bother paying more for an appliqued bonds suit, but maybe that's cos I'm tight. Sorry! (At Big W I can get a two pack for about $19...) However, the appliqued Hoot is very cute, and I love the little coat pattern! Oh, and the wedding flowers in the post above are divine - LOVE the colours! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carla,

    Thanks for the comment.... I did want feedback so thanks for letting me know. I was worried that people wouldn't pay for it, but I'll give it a run and if they don't sell, I'll give them as gifts!! :) Hope you are well.....

    ReplyDelete