Monday, April 11, 2011

Book Of My Day #2


     
Outside my window it's freezing cold! Whatever happened to summer???

I have been listening to "Framley Parsonage" by Anthony Trollope. If you've never heard of Anthony Trollope, you should seriously check out his books - I really enjoy them.


I have been wearing a skivvy, skirt, and winter boots today. The weather calls for it.

I am thankful for yesterday's church service, and the reminder that the Lord gives and the Lord takes away. That means anything not just life and possessions but even such things as friendships!

I am pondering the use of money in our society. This has been brought about because we are studying "Money" at Bible study.

I am reading "Little Dorrit" by Charles Dickens. I'm really enjoying it, but it's taking me a long time to get through.
I am creating the same quilt. I now have 5 days to finish. I'm confident I can do it. I'll let you know next week.

I am hoping and praying for a friend who doesn't know the love of Christ, but I would really love her to. Maybe you could pray for her too?
I am looking forward to the 3 weeks holiday I have from my study. I'm hoping to write many letters that I have owing to friends, and also to conquer the huge pile of mending.

One of my favourite things is vegemite and butter on bread. When I found out about my allergies 8 years ago, vegemite had  a preservative in it. Within those years, they must have altered it slightly because I can now eat it. It is so good!!
 
A picture thought I'm sharing (or possibly two) are of parts of the quilt I'm making. Look at all those colours!

So what fills your day?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Caitlin, what happened to summer is that it is now autumn! It's cold and wet here in Tassie as well, but we need the rain, so I'm not complaining. By the way, when you speak to Gini, could you ask her to have "anon" as one of her options because I don't know how to do anything else! I like to read all you young ones' blogs and to respond sometimes. Cheers, Helen P.

    ReplyDelete